Ice forming inside wall

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Private

Ice forming inside wall

Postby Private » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

This picture was taken inside my garage on the inside corner of an exterior wall. Why would this happen. There is a door near by that also has ice formed on the glass. The wall about the concrete foundation is insulated.

Any idea?

Shannon

Re: Ice forming inside wall

Postby Shannon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

this is very common. You have high humidity in the garage (very common in winter) and there is poor air flow in corners so they are typically colder and frost up. Looks like your getting air leakage between the bottom of the wall and top of concrete as well, I can see frost laying on concrete. In the summer once things have dried out and warmed up run a bead of caulking around the bottom of the walls where they meet the concrete, to stop some of that cold damp air from getting in. Its pretty hard to control the humidity when you bring cars covered in ice and snow everyday but try running a small fan to keep the warm air circulating alittle more.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Private

Postby Private » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Ok perfect thank you Shannon. You have been great with the info. Hopefully you don't mind I'll keep asking your advice

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

No problem, thats what the forum is for .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Return to “Interior”