Need New Guttering!

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
will247

Need New Guttering!

Postby will247 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am

I recently moved into a fixer upper and guttering is one of the things I want to tackle first, I desperately need new guttering but I don't know what to go for. Currently there's a mixture of cast iron and plastic gutters, the cast iron seems to still be going strong but the plastic guttering is on it's last legs. Also should I invest in gutter protection? I'm wondering If it will help so that I don't have to buy new guttering again, or repair it. Any help will be appreciated! :!: :?:

Shannon

Re: Need New Guttering!

Postby Shannon » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am

Today aluminum gutters are what I see everywhere and they are the way to go IMO. I would have a pro come and do these as they can do "seamless" trough and you will have far less problems in their lifetime. As far as leaf protection it really depends if you have a problem now with leaves and debris, if you do then the gutter guards are going to save you always having to be sure they are clear. Those are something you can install yourself and I have a video that could help you with them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rt1mm1Fudk
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Return to “Exterior”