Need New Guttering!

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
will247

Need New Guttering!

Postby will247 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am

I recently moved into a fixer upper and guttering is one of the things I want to tackle first, I desperately need new guttering but I don't know what to go for. Currently there's a mixture of cast iron and plastic gutters, the cast iron seems to still be going strong but the plastic guttering is on it's last legs. Also should I invest in gutter protection? I'm wondering If it will help so that I don't have to buy new guttering again, or repair it. Any help will be appreciated! :!: :?:

Shannon

Re: Need New Guttering!

Postby Shannon » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am

Today aluminum gutters are what I see everywhere and they are the way to go IMO. I would have a pro come and do these as they can do "seamless" trough and you will have far less problems in their lifetime. As far as leaf protection it really depends if you have a problem now with leaves and debris, if you do then the gutter guards are going to save you always having to be sure they are clear. Those are something you can install yourself and I have a video that could help you with them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rt1mm1Fudk
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

will247

Postby will247 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:52 am

Hey Shannon, thanks for the help. I live in the UK and I have had problems in the past with blocked guttering, but where I've moved to doesn't have as many trees surrounding the house, so I'm guessing less leaves? I just hate the thought of another leaking roof due to gutter damage, but I don't want to go splashing cash on gutter protection I don't need. :roll:. Would Eavestrough Screens work on UK guttering styles? They are a little bit different. I've found something called hedgehog gutter protection, but I'd like to get a more experienced opinion before 'investing'.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 am

I'm sorry but I do not know for sure about UK gutters? I would damaging there is something that works on them. If there are not many trees in your new neighbourhood then likely it is not an issue.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

will247

Postby will247 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 am

That's no problem. No there aren't many trees, but If I did decide to get protection does this seem appropriate? https://www.drainagecentral.co.uk/Gutte ... -Pack-GPS1 it seems like the UK version of what you showed me in the youtube video.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Wed May 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Yes I would say that is likely what you need.

will247

Postby will247 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks for your help! If anyone's interested in future, I will let you know if it was a success.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 am

that would be great.

Return to “Exterior”