Richard / Hyde Tools Pry/Scrape Bar

Aaron

Richard / Hyde Tools Pry/Scrape Bar

Post by Aaron » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:12 pm

So I just learned a handy little tidbit. The famous red pry/scraper bar made by Richard in Canada is the exact same as a dark gray pry/scraper bar made by Hyde in the US!

Each tool is made in its respective country, but they are exactly the same. The two companies are affiliated with one another.

How interesting is that? I got the red bar last year imported because there was nothing else I could find that had its wide pry tongue. But all along Hyde was "hyding" from me. Lol

Shannon

Re: Richard / Hyde Tools Pry/Scrape Bar

Post by Shannon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:16 am

If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:19 pm

There are some complaints on the Amazon reviews from some buyers of the Hyde one being made in China and being of inferior quality to previously-made USA ones.

All the pics I saw online of the Hyde bar had USA stamped on it. So buyer beware I guess.

So this is the merchant where I ordered the Richard bar:

https://www.acetool.com/Richard-US-10-L ... -us-10.htm

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Amazon really has gone to crizzap, both in product quality and in review quality. Then there are those adding reviews to the wrong product, they bought a miniature no name prybar, then go to the Hyde listing and complain it was china made garbage. Not saying that is what happened here, but I'm seeing more and more of this sort of thing.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Yeah, like any business that gets too big, it just starts to suck. It's just inevitable.