Framing software?

hankyknot

Framing software?

Post by hankyknot » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 am

Can anyone recommend software that will help me with the framing design? I know Home Architect will create framing diagrams once you design the room but wondered if there were any other options people had used?

A. Spruce

Re: Framing software?

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:35 am

I've tried a few over the years without much success, since it seems one must be an expert in computer programming as well as whatever piece of software you're trying to use. Since I am neither, everything is clunky, poorly thought out, and difficult to use. I also didn't do enough "new" work to warrant finding or learning any particular software.

Having said that, Google Sketch-Up is supposed to be fairly easy to use, though I've never used it myself.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:05 am

I have use "live interior 3d " but its more of a floor plan and house model system. I have heard sketch up is good but have never played with it.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:30 pm

I tried using Sketch-up but never was really able to "get it". But people apparently use it and like it. It used to be free when Google had it but it's now under ownership of a different company (perhaps a Google subsidiary?) and it's license paid software now.