whats the last corded tool you bought?

Shannon

whats the last corded tool you bought?

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:37 am

Like the title says, lets go for last hand tool and last larger tool you purchased that had that long "tail like thingy" that needed to be plugged into a wall outlet :D :D

Lets see, for me my last hand tool would have been....hmmmm... I believe it was a oscillating saw? I soon replaced it with a Milwaukee (of course) 12V cordless version once I realized how much I was using it.

For my larger tool it would have been a new pressure washer. Had to look back in my books from last year to figure that one out ;)
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Admin
Site Admin

Re: whats the last corded tool you bought?

Post by Admin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am

Cord? I bought a mitre saw like 8 years ago, I don't think I've bought a non-battery tool since then.

Buying a small corded tool today is kinda like using a VCR, no? :lol:

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:37 am

thats why i was posting , it seems we do not buy corded tools very often anymore so i was curious.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

It's been a really long time since I've purchased any tools, so, probably some of the tools I bought for the woodshop, plate joiner, sanders, things like that. As far as big tools, that would also probably be the shop, Powermatic tablesaw, Delta joiner, bandsaw, shaper, etc.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm

My Dewalt radio charger :lol:
~~ Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford :mrgreen: ~~

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm just paranoid about the batteries going bad if I don't use it often enough!

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm just paranoid about the batteries going bad if I don't use it often enough!
With today's battery tech, I think this is a little less prevalent, it was absolutely an issue with NiCad batteries. The added benefit of today's batteries is that they discharge at higher rates and more completely, giving you a whole lot more longer battery life and more tool torque.

So long as they don't start putting those cellphone batteries that explode in our tools we should be fine. :mrgreen:

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

A. Spruce wrote:
Aaron wrote:I'm just paranoid about the batteries going bad if I don't use it often enough!
With today's battery tech, I think this is a little less prevalent, it was absolutely an issue with NiCad batteries. The added benefit of today's batteries is that they discharge at higher rates and more completely, giving you a whole lot more longer battery life and more tool torque.

So long as they don't start putting those cellphone batteries that explode in our tools we should be fine. :mrgreen:
Samsung making sawzalls now ?? :lol:

RICHat22

Post by RICHat22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 pm

While I'm not against buying corded tools, it's been a while for me. I have most everything I need for weekend projects. Bought a PC framing nailer, Ridgid finishing nailer (2-1/2"), and a third PC brad nailer last couple of months. All air tools.

I guess the only 120V tools I bought this year was a 4-1/2" Dewalt grinder and a Milwaukee Vari-speed 5" throat band saw. I still have a 14.4V Dewalt NiCad drill with original battery. 18 or 19 years old. Not the life it once was, but still usable.

Oh. Bought a Ridgid planer within last year that has a cord to it.

christoff

Post by christoff » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 am

A Dewalt DWS 780 mitre saw because unless you are on a jobsite where there is no power(highly unlikely) available the cost of the batteries for this beast would be astronomical after a few years.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:29 am

Yes I have not found it necessary to jump to battery operated table saws or mitre saws either.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 am

A DeWalt DWE7480 table saw. I need a table saw about once every 5 years so I didn't want to buy one but finally did.

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pm

I recently bought a Milwaukee super sawzall, used but in nearly new condition for $100, came with a boatload of blades, cuts like butter. It is such a HUGE improvement over non-counterbalanced recip saws, and well worth the money for such a thing because almost all of the sawing action goes towards cutting, as opposed to vibrating you like a jackhammer like unbalance saws do.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 pm

A. Spruce wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 pm
I recently bought a Milwaukee super sawzall, used but in nearly new condition for $100, came with a boatload of blades, cuts like butter. It is such a HUGE improvement over non-counterbalanced recip saws, and well worth the money for such a thing because almost all of the sawing action goes towards cutting, as opposed to vibrating you like a jackhammer like unbalance saws do.
LOVIN THE RED!!

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 am

I've had a Milwaukee sawzall before, loved it, wore it out! I would have gone Red when I recently replaced my cordless kit, but couldn't get past the price, so I stuck with good ol' Yellow. :mrgreen:

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am

A. Spruce wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 am
I've had a Milwaukee sawzall before, loved it, wore it out! I would have gone Red when I recently replaced my cordless kit, but couldn't get past the price, so I stuck with good ol' Yellow. :mrgreen:
Is there much difference between the 2 ?

I have the dewalt, and it cuts fine. Does well for cutting trees down too :mrgreen:

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:35 am

emtnut wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am
A. Spruce wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 am
Is there much difference between the 2 ?

I have the dewalt, and it cuts fine. Does well for cutting trees down too :mrgreen:
Yes, there is a huge difference. I've used an inexpensive Dewalt recip for the past 17 years and it rattled your fillings out when you use it. The Milwaukee Super Sawzall runs extremely smooth and really has very little vibration or kickback while cutting. Now, the argument can be made that it was an inexpensive DW ($100-ish) against a higher end Millie ($200-ish), but I can honestly say that the Millie Super is a far better saw than my original Millie I had 25 years ago that I wore out.

Someone around here ***cough cough*** shannon ***cough cough*** needs to do a comprehensive, side-by-side comparison. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:15 pm

I have a corded Dewalt (no idea when I used it last?) its a good heavy duty saw and works great. many years ago I had a cordless 18V good quality Dewalt as well and my employer at the time had a cheaper light duty Dewalt saw. There was no comparison between the two,incuding the price. Mine was double the cost and 10x the saw!
I have the Milwaukee now (last 4-5 yrs?) and it is a great saw, a bit heavy but so was my Dewalt. I have no idea if this is the similar saw Spruce just bought, but i'm thinking his is something new to the line up? The one thing I have had trouble with is I have twice broke the main shaft in this saw, its been covered by warranty but still a pain to have to send it away to the shop.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:43 am

I don't understand why anyone would have a battery powered mitre saw or table saw. If you're gonna haul something like that around with you all the time from site to site, and you can't be bothered to plug it in then you have some interesting priorities. Lol

I've warmed up to cordless hand tools. I got a low cost 20V B&D 3/8 drill a year ago that I love. Very handy. I still use my corded 1/2 one for hole saws and augers.

I'd love to have the Milwaukees. Those are the cream of the crop.