Paslode framing nailer

AntonWalker

Paslode framing nailer

Post by AntonWalker » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 pm

How long does the air cartridge last on the tool?

Shannon

Re: Passload framing nailer

Post by Shannon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 am

It is actually a butane fuel cell. It will drive at minimum 1000 nails per cell ac or ding to the website. I would say that sounds about right.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Paslode framing nailer

Post by A. Spruce » Wed May 31, 2017 11:38 am

If this is something that you'll be using regularly, then a gas nailer might be a good option for you, otherwise stick with pneumatic (air ). There are battery powered nailers now, but I don't know that they're worth their salt, especially for something that won't get used much.

Another option, if price is a concern, is to either rent one when you need it or buy new/used and sell it when you're finished. The latter option would allow you full, unfettered use of the tool for as long as you want and you'd be able to recoup 95% of the cost when you sell it, basically making for "free" rental.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed May 31, 2017 8:10 pm

Yes these guns are vey convenient , I have a 18 gauge finish nailer as well. Although I have been thinking of getting my hands on a new Milwuakee 18V ,18 gauge nailer. ....WISH MILWAUKEE WOULD MAYBE SEND ME ONE TO TEST!!!! HINT HINT, if anyone here has connections :D :D
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Mastercarpentry

Post by Mastercarpentry » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:40 am

You pay for the convenience of not having a compressor involved, but it's usually a good deal to make. If you plan to expand into more air-tools like finish nailers and what, then a pneumatic nailer may be a better choice but the up-front costs will be higher. I don't do full framing jobs anymore and I love my Paslode framer to death :D Got mine used at a very bargain price and don't even carry my air framer in the van anymore.

I've heard good things about the new DeWalt cordless framer but haven't held or used one. I've worked the crap out of my DeWalt 18V cordless trim guns (16 and 18ga, both use straight nails) and they're worn out and balky with what would be the equivalent of maybe 5 years constant jobsite use. Wonderful for anything not in the whole-house range and will do those too if that's all you've got. The downside is that these battery operated guns are heavy and take a lot of battery energy. I'd trust the DeWalt framer to be good based on my trim guns, especially if you use that battery system in other tools already. The Paslode is a long-time proven winner already.

Phil

AntonWalker

Post by AntonWalker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, I went and bought one today and used it to nail a 3/4 piece of plywood up outside and I absolutely love it!
Attachments
Battery is being charged thats why its not in the pic.
Battery is being charged thats why its not in the pic.
IMG_6801.JPG (116.41 KiB) Viewed 703 times

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Ooo! Don't get it dirty! lol

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:49 pm

Aaron wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:55 pm
Ooo! Don't get it dirty! lol
No kidding!

I recently sold my set of Senco guns, they were all still in their cases and all still looked brand new, which is why I got top dollar for them. It pays to take care of your equipment. 8-)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 am

I have the older series of Pasloads with the older long battery. I always pull out the battery if I will not be using it for a half hour or more cause leaving them in seems to kill it quicker. On the new series like you purchased there is actually a second indentation where the battery slides in so you can pull the battery out to disconnect it but it stays clipped into the tool. The reason this is great is that many people slid the old batteries out just far enough so they stopped making contact but they were still in the "sleeve" that holds the battery and then later themselves or someone else pick up the tool not realizing its not clipped in and the battery would fall out . Usually for me this was after you had started climbing a ladder and it would fall all the way to the floor below. :oops: :evil:

DanM

Post by DanM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I find the old ones actually shoot better than the new ones when you're putting a tonne of nails through them. The new ones seem to misfire a fair amount more often once they start getting really hot. I'm not sure but it might be the way the new gas inlet is setup compared to the old one. The old one locks into place more securely, maybe when things get hot and expand the new ones lose contact with the gas charge. I know whenever we're doing back framing I always make sure I get the one old gun that nobody else likes since it's not shiny lol.

And yeah I think anyone who has used the old one has gone up a ladder or scaffold after lunch and heard that thud when the battery hits the floor lol.

AntonWalker

Post by AntonWalker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:15 am

Shannon wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 am
On the new series like you purchased there is actually a second indentation where the battery slides in so you can pull the battery out to disconnect it but it stays clipped into the tool.

Oh awesome I didn't know that. I kept pulling the battery out when I wasn't going to use it. Thanks for the help! :)