Cordless Tools

Shannon

Re: Cordless Tools

Post by Shannon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Nick M. wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:01 pm
I have had two sets of the reds, but not the fuels. So red Jrs I guess. First set was stolen from my truck.....people suck.

I got the second set from the big orange home store. Searched hard and found one with drill, impact driver, circular saw, sawzaw, multi-tool, shop vac, and 4 batteries (2.0, 3.0x2, and 5.0). Also came with 2 battery chargers and packout rolling tool box. Came to $499.00 (American) before taxes.

The red Jrs are great tho, never had an issue. Helped me put on new roof deck and re-build soffits, put in kitchen cabinets and numerous side jobs. ( I'm a painter/tile/ light carpentry by trade)
I hate when good people work hard to purchase and own good stuff and some skid comes along and decides they need it more then the one who paid good money for it.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 pm

I actually had my work truck broken into on two different occasions, once they smashed the driver's window and stole the cell phone (bag phone sitting on the console, mid 90's). Another time someone took pliers to the t-handles on the shell and popped open a side wing, though oddly, nothing was taken. The shell shop said I got lucky, that usually the window shatters when the locks get twisted.

Turd people suck, for sure!
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Shannon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 am
Ya they did have one that was decant ac powered. The old 18v line had one as well.https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCV581H-20 ... QDA2V02MB5
I have the older 18V , and yes, battery or plug in use.

I often handed the plug to my 'assistant' and asked them to plug it in for me.... I'd turn on the vacuum just before they plugged it in :mrgreen:

*edit* I remember changing a panel at a buddys place. When I was done, I asked his wife to go upstairs and make sure power was coming on when I turn on the breaker.
"click" .... is it on ? .... No
"click" .... what about now ? ... No !
"click" .... Now ?? ... No !!
then I started just saying 'click' ..... again she says No ! Me and my buddy almost died laughing :lol:
~~ Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford :mrgreen: ~~

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Shannon, are your red tools brushed or brushless? If brushless, do you notice any appreciable improvement to power or run time to warrant the added price? A 6 piece Dewalt set of brushless is $700, while a 10 piece of brushed is only $550.

Battery makes a big difference in package price too, though, I just went apples to apples with two 6-piece sets, the only difference was the $700 set had a 3 speed hammer drill and one 5ah battery, while the $650 6-piece set only had the 2-speed drill, but came with two 2ah batteries. The price of the hammer drill over standard drill makes the difference in price of the kit.

My current 18v drill is supposedly a hammer drill, but it does little more than buzz and annoy the surface only ever so slightly more than the non-hammer setting. I wonder if the DeWalt dealer would demo the two side by side?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:47 am

I notice they run a little cooler but have really not noticed a significant battery life difference . The brushless is slightly lighter as well I believe but not enough to make a real difference.
I think the main thing is they are suppose to last longer but not sure that is actually worth it either . I have a mix of brushless and brushed tools and don’t really spend the money on brushless anymore unless it’s on a good sale price
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:29 am

That was my suspicion, thanks for the wisdom.