glass backsplash installation

Ask your kitchen related question here
greg1

glass backsplash installation

Post by greg1 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:29 pm

I have almost a full bucket of mastic left over from another job. I plan on installing a glass backsplash tile and was wondering if i can use mastik or not? Some people suggest i should better use thinset with glass tile.

Also a follow up question - if any of you have experience with glass backsplash tile, dose it require more clean up or does it get messy much easier due to the nature of product?

Thank you!

A. Spruce

Re: glass backsplash installation

Post by A. Spruce » Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Read the side of the pail, it should state if it's intended for glass or not. I would guess it will be fine.

The only thing I can think of is that the glass tile is smaller, resulting in a whole lot more grout lines to seal and keep clean, which is a lot of extra work in day to day maintenance, let alone the times you really get in there and do a deep cleaning.

Side note: The best thing I've found for ease of cleaning grout, as well as speed, is a household steam cleaner. I have used a number of models over the years and can honestly recommend the SteamFast SF 275. It is a highly capable machine at a reasonable price point.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 pm

The mastic will be fine. Use Mapei flexcolor CQ grout. No sealing and very stain resistant
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

greg1

Post by greg1 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 pm

thank you everyone :)