removing over the range microwave

Ask your kitchen related question here
wjcochran

removing over the range microwave

Post by wjcochran » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:41 am

We are renovating our kitchen. There will be quartz back splash 3 cm thick right up to the over the range microwave. Will this quartz back splash present a problem if the over the range microwave has to be replaced in the future? Concerned the thickness of the quartz back splash will interfere with the removal of the old unit. Thanks so much.

Shannon

Re: removing over the range microwave

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 am

In most cases 3MM should not be a problem but I would advise that you try removing it with something attached to the wall the same thickness as the quartz. if it interferes at all you would be advised to remove the micro. and re-install the wall bracket shimming it away from the wall the same thickness as the backsplash. This will also require you to drill the holes in the cabinet shelf 3MM further ahead as well.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Shannon

Re: removing over the range microwave

Post by Shannon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 am

seeyouoscars wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:27 am

3mm likely wouldn't be an issue, but they have 3cm, which could present a problem.
Wow yes you are correct, i miss read that. 3CM is very thick back splash and for sure will create a problem getting the microwave down in the future. I hope the OP is still watching this. The back splash should be beveled along the top under the micro so that the micro will tilt and allow its removal.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon