Kithcen sink not centered to kitchen window

Ask your kitchen related question here
DavidM

Kithcen sink not centered to kitchen window

Post by DavidM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 am

My kitchen sink is not centered to my kitchen window. Current sink is a little over 24.5 in width to center will need a 33 inch sink. How do I go about making the existing sink hole bigger and installing a bigger sink? The counter is laminate and will need to keep for now.

Shannon

Re: Kithcen sink not centered to kitchen window

Post by Shannon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:09 am

Well first off in most cases you need the cabinet under that area to be that big as well to acomidate the sink bowl and plumbing. It is possible to do even if the cabinet is not that wide but it will mean cutting into the cabinet next to it and modifying it. This may look strange though so you need to first decide if this is what you want for sure?
Could you post a couple of pictures for me to help show your situation?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Beelost

Re: Kithcen sink not centered to kitchen window

Post by Beelost » Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am

My sink is off center as well, and I didn't realize it [or care for that matter] until my husband brought it up last summer when we were renovating our kitchen. Since we did it ourselves, we left it. My husband cares a lot more about it than I do. I don't notice it as that's the way it's always been.