water line connector for kitchen faucet

Ask your kitchen related question here
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:14 pm

water line connector for kitchen faucet

Post by matts58 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:32 pm

If you could Help !!!
I had purchased a Fairbury pull down kitchen faucet from Home depot in the US and taken it down to Australia. The connection for the braided tube seems to be 3/8 female model 4005SSF(FAIRBURY KITCHEN PULLDOWN). The connections we have in Australia are 1/2 inch to the mains. Could you advise where i could get to buyt the connectors and what are they called . Ive attached photos and need to connect to a 1/2 inch male supply line.
connector 1.jpg
connector 1.jpg (71.61 KiB) Viewed 266 times
connector 2.jpg
connector 2.jpg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 266 times
could you advise what i should ask for and where i could get this 12 inch braided connector- one side 3/8 inch to fit the tube as shown in image and the 1/2 inch female connector to connect to my supply.
Thanks for your help.

User avatar
A. Spruce
Posts: 6318
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:23 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: water line connector for kitchen faucet

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Any well stocked hardware store should have a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter if they don't have a hose with those specifications already.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

User avatar
Posts: 13230
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: water line connector for kitchen faucet

Post by Shannon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes I would agree, although I am not familiar with Australia's supply, I am pretty sure that your local plumbing shops will have why you need. They will know what you have in your home if it is common and take the faucet you purchased with you swell for them to match up to.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Post Reply