What is That Thing Behind My Fridge?

Ask your kitchen related question here
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

What is That Thing Behind My Fridge?

Post by DIYDennis » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi Shannon,

I watched your video on installing a water line to a fridge, and I'd first like to thank you for making that video. You made it look so easy I thought I'd give it a shot :D

I was told that the previous renter of my house had installed a water line to the fridge as well, so I went about looking for any sign of that. I pulled the fridge out, and this is the only thing I saw. I don't even know what to call it, some kind of wall protrusion. Could this be the old water line, and if so how do I access it? Thanks!


User avatar
Posts: 13830
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What is That Thing Behind My Fridge?

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Looks like maybe it at one time it could have been that line but I think they cut it off or something. You may need to start over.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am

Re: What is That Thing Behind My Fridge?

Post by ThatMouse » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

The pipe is usually connected under the sink. There may be an extra valve there?

Post Reply