How To Replace A Single Cracked/Broken Floor Tile

Ask your kitchen related question here
dineshgk

How To Replace A Single Cracked/Broken Floor Tile

Post by dineshgk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Hello Mr. Shannon,

I am really a good fan about your videos. It has really helped a novice like me to do lot of stuff DIY.

This question is related to your video about 2 years ago (How To Replace A Single Cracked/Broken Floor Tile). Actually the question may sound silly... I am interested in knowing the name and brand of the tiles you were working with. I have same tiles at my place but I do not know where the previous owner got it from. I tried going to Home Depot and Lowes and other local flooring shops but could not find them.

I would appreciate if you could please help me out and recommend some place where I can purchase these.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Shannon

Re: How To Replace A Single Cracked/Broken Floor Tile

Post by Shannon » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 am

I can tell you exactly because I still have about 12 of those tiles. They were purchased at Home Depot in Canada and the brand is "TrafficMaster". I will post a picture of the box.Now the hard part is that these big box stores change flooring and many other products regularly so chances are you won't find them there anymore but you may be able to find them on the net.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_3f2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3f2.jpeg (133.13 KiB) Viewed 659 times
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Big boxes only carry what they can buy by the train load for cheap, once it runs out, good luck finding it again. Tile in particular is a difficult thing to source because even the tile manufacturers are changing their designer products faster than anyone can keep up. If all you want is a basic tile, that never goes out of stock, anywhere, but anything other than that is going to be a tough find.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

dineshgk

Post by dineshgk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello Shannon,

Thankyou very much for your response. This is exactly the tile I want and you are correct.... It no longer exist in Home Depot here is US....

Thanks a Lot.

Dinesh

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue May 01, 2018 8:08 am

Not sure that i could ship you a tile and it would get there un damaged? lol
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

graysherry24

Post by graysherry24 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 am

Apply enough pressure to remove the grout but not much that the slip will damage the other tiles. While you are done with that apply painters tape on the edges. gently tap out the broken piece and clean all the thin set off the substrate. Set the new tile and press it firmly so that it is adjustable with the surrounding tiles. For the best adhesion, you can butter back the new tile with thin set.

benverdi

Post by benverdi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Not a big deal. You can find loads of videos on the internet.
I am sharing some of the links hope you find it useful. :) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ectgy6Z-z6A