LED Strip/Tape Lighting

Ask your kitchen related question here
[email protected]

LED Strip/Tape Lighting

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi.

I'm thinking about installing LED tape/strip lighting under my cabinets (for function and ambiance). Should these be applied 1) towards the back bottom edge of the cabinets, 2) towards the front, or 3) somewhere in between? My initial thoughts are against the inside/back edge (around the full perimeter) as it should result in less shadowing from your hands/utensils?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Shannon

Re: LED Strip/Tape Lighting

Post by Shannon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

I generally install them closer to the front. The exact position depends a bit on the type of trim (light valance) you have under the cabinets and how low it hangs. Generally right against the back side of that trim or up to 2" away from it is what I do. Depends on your liking and needs.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm

I would agree, more towards the front. You can use some duct tape or similar to temp hold them in different locations until you find the one that works best for you.

For mood lighting, it isn't really going to matter where you put them. For task lighting, you're definitely going to want them more forward so that the light is centered over the work area.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Thanks! I will try different positions (with tape) in any event to see how it looks.