Dishwasher Installation

Ask your kitchen related question here
Clemkonan

Dishwasher Installation

Post by Clemkonan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 am

Hello you guys I just installed a replacement DW but I do not want to junk the original I want to move it to the basement as back up.
The location is within 3 feet of the electrical panel and right next to the sewer line coming from upstairs.
My concern is the wiring do I need another dedicated breaker for this DW and do I need to build up the floor so that the distance from the drain hose to the floor is 31 inches. Looking at the PVC line going over to the sewer line ( no P trap installed yet) I think I need more slope.
How can I insert a picture for clarity?

Thanks for your time.

Shannon

Re: Dishwasher Installation

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 am

Hi Clemkonan,
The code on the circuit will be different I think depending on if you are in the states or Canada. Please ask in the electrical forum to clarify that with our expert help there.
As for the drain I'm not sure where the 31" is coming from or what that has to do with the drain?
You can add a picture with the "attachments" section below the subject box you type in. The subject box you see below this reply you are reading is the quick reply box and does not give you the option for attachments. click either "post reply" or "full editor and preview" buttons to get the "attachments" feature.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

emtnut

Re: Dishwasher Installation

Post by emtnut » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

If you're under CEC (canadian code), the dishwasher needs a dedicated circuit.
If it is plug connected, it also needs AFCI protection.... not needed if hardwired.
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~