Unfinished Oak Kitchen Cabinets

Ask your kitchen related question here
jwpinc

Unfinished Oak Kitchen Cabinets

Post by jwpinc » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 pm

First off would like to thank you so much you have helped me out a lot. That being said I have another question. I just bought new unfinished Oak cabinets and I liked the color the way it was the problem I see is 1 of the base drawer cabinets out of all of them has a yellow tinge almost like plywood to the whole thing, Is that normal? The others are like pinkish. Also if it is then I guess I will have to stain them will it be different color because it is a different color like darker or lighter? Thanks for your time.

Shannon

Re: Unfinished Oak Kitchen Cabinets

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Sounds like maybe the one piece of oak was white oak and the others are red oak. Wood is a natural product and sometimes it needs picked through and be colour matched to help it look better and have most of the wood look similar shades.Some manufactures do not do this because it takes extra time and money. You may be able to return it and get one that matches better to the rest of your cabinets. As for trying to stain it differently to match it up, you will have trouble doing so, especially since you really only have one shot at it. Good luck.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

LapidiusCortez

Re: Unfinished Oak Kitchen Cabinets

Post by LapidiusCortez » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 am

Not getting the right color the first time gives you an irritating feeling when you in future try to find same level match and it never adds up to the same originality that is expected. The least you can do is settle for an approximation that looks good. I recently bought an kitchen cabinet online and was glad to receive it all in one color, since I have faced similar discoloration issues in the past. :mrgreen: