Block in Kitchen sink

Ask your kitchen related question here
adamhoward

Block in Kitchen sink

Post by adamhoward » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:37 am

Hi All,

After a long search in the forum, I couldn't find a right answer... So me starting a new thread.

Yesterday night there was a block in our kitchen sink. In spite of being very careful in using, somehow something (food items) slipped into it, making a mess. We removed the entire pipe below and cleaned. But still it is not working properly and what we guess is the block is at the end of the exit (i.e beyond the wall).

We tried cleaning our best (afraid of calling the owner, as they may ask us to vacate and this time which is hard to find a new house). We poured "Bang" liquid for pushing off any left out. But somehow I felt "Bang" is not that powerful.

So here are my questions and please kindly help.

1. Can any of you please suggest me something (liquids, chemicals) best to clean this kitchen block?
2. If we have to call a plumber, how much will it cost for such work?
3. If the owner comes to know this and ask us to vacate, how much (just an approx is fine) will it cost to re-paint the house?

Awaiting for your inputs

Shannon

Re: Block in Kitchen sink

Post by Shannon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 am

You could remove that lower pipe again and purchase or rent a drain snake . You insert the snake into the pipe going into the wall as far as you can and rotate the handle to auger through any blockages you find. I will assume all other drains are working fine and it is just that one drain?
If it is as simple as that I would think a plumber may charge less then 100? but I'm not entirely sure.You could call one to see. Wait until day time during the week or they will likely have a surcharge for after hours call outs.
Painting the home will really depend on square footage of the area being painted.If it is a modest 2 bedroom one floor level apartment I would think around 2000 dollars would do it? Most contractors will give free estimates so calling for one is really the best thing to do
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

adamhoward

Post by adamhoward » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 am

Thanks for your suggestion :)

88yu

Post by 88yu » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 pm

You could apply a plumbing snake to solve this issue. See attached photo.

daisy_pinckly

Post by daisy_pinckly » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:10 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.