gap where drywall (doesn't) meet finished floor

Ask your kitchen related question here
dennisbell

gap where drywall (doesn't) meet finished floor

Post by dennisbell » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm

If the drywall is hung 5/8" above the subfloor (normal, I think) and if the click system laminate finished floor is 1/4 inch away from all wall surfaces (normal I think), that leaves a big gap hidden by the baseboards and-- where cabinet are installed-- a big gap at the bottom, where the cabinets meet the walls.

Now here in Hawaii, there are lots of bugs including roaches, centipedes (!), and ants.

Should I fill these voids with caulk-- or boric acid powder-- or both--or nothing? Please advise what you think I should do-- thanks---

A. Spruce

Re: gap where drywall (doesn't) meet finished floor

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 am

I don't know that I'd worry about it, if you've got bug problems, they'll find ways to annoy you, whether that gap at the floor exists or not.

Most pests, aside from termites, enter the house because of an easy food source, don't give them a reason to enter and they usually won't.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: gap where drywall (doesn't) meet finished floor

Post by Shannon » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:59 am

I would follow Spruces advice. I’m from Canada and we dont really have those bug problems here.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon