Moving Kitchen Plumbing

Ask your kitchen related question here
BreakItMore

Moving Kitchen Plumbing

Post by BreakItMore » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:33 pm

I am wanting to move my kitchen plumbing. On the left is where the sink used to be, I'm going to move it over in front of the window(outline on the white tarp), the green tape is where the sink cabinet is going to be. I think at one point the sink used to be here, the studs were all notched with less than an inch remaining where the old vent used to be so I replaced them all. Under the 3 gallon home depot bucket is a drain line(dishwasher used to be there) but there is no vent. To the right of the sink is going to be a dishwasher(orange stanley panel lift). The bottom of the window is 47 5/8" off the floor.

The water should be fairly straightforward, just going to use pex off the copper. To vent the sink I'm not sure what I should do, use an AAV(cheater vent), run a new vent using a dirty arm, try to to tie into the current vent using a loop or wtv under the floor.

None of drain lines are sloped properly, it's not possible give my house layout. I have only ever had one clog that I was able to snake easily so in the 10 years or so it seems to be working ok. Also not sure if the current drain wye is proper or not either. How hard will this be to pass inspection in Ontario?
Plumbing 3.png
Plumbing 3.png (703 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Plumbing 2.png
Plumbing 2.png (722.96 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Plumbing 4.png
Plumbing 4.png (759.05 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Plumbing 5.png
Plumbing 5.png (766.02 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Plumbing 6.png
Plumbing 6.png (658.55 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Shannon

Re: Moving Kitchen Plumbing

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 pm

You are best off to ask your local office that looks after these things. It will be easiest to use a AAV if they are allowed in your city.
If they say you can’t then we can try and help you through this.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

BreakItMore

Post by BreakItMore » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Shannon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 pm
You are best off to ask your local office that looks after these things. It will be easiest to use a AAV if they are allowed in your city.
Alright thanks! In the meantime is how the drain line tied in correct with the wye?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:43 pm

I see no problem with it
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

BreakItMore

Post by BreakItMore » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Shannon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 pm
So I spoke to the inspector and he doesn't want a AAV used, wants it done another way.

If I tried to run a vent up the wall around the window the vent would be quite close to the edge of the roof so tying into the current one is likely best?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

It would be common to have a vent near the edge of roof. Depending on your over hang you will be around 2’ away from wave.

BreakItMore

Post by BreakItMore » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 am

Do you have any videos you could point me to for running the vent? How would you route it around the window without having to notch out the studs?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm

I have no videos for that . Ok f you don’t want to run it in the wall you would have to run it inside the cabinets then back into the wall and up through the roof .

BreakItMore

Post by BreakItMore » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:33 am

After exploring the attic it looks like I got lucky and there is a 3" vent nearby. Are you allowed to drill through the king stud(Ontario)? If you are allowed is it a good idea or is there a better way?
Attachments
plumbing 8.png
plumbing 8.png (681.34 KiB) Viewed 325 times

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 pm

You can drill through it if its doubled up for plumbing up to 60%. I don't think that has changed. so a 2x4 wall you could drill up to a 2-1/8" hole entered on the width of the wall stud. Or drill it through the cabinet gables into the next cabinet and then back into wall and up.