Repairing a chipped edge of quartz or granite countertop using an acrylic repair kit

Ask your kitchen related question here
Activeretired

Repairing a chipped edge of quartz or granite countertop using an acrylic repair kit

Post by Activeretired » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Anybody have any experience with using an acyrlic repair kit for filling in a chipped edge of a countertop,having a 'straight' edge?

Shannon

Re: Repairing a chipped edge of quartz or granite countertop using an acrylic repair kit

Post by Shannon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:23 pm

sorry but i do not, hopefully someone else will
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Repairing a chipped edge of quartz or granite countertop using an acrylic repair kit

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 pm

I have used something I suspect is similar to repair fiberglass chips in tubs and showers, basically it's Bondo that you add colorant to to match whatever you're filling.

Working with stone, you also have to sand and polish the repair to blend it in, not a huge big deal, but do some research on how to polish stone so you know what you will need and what you're getting into before you start. What you DO NOT want to do is make the damage worse. If you are not comfortable doing the repair yourself or have doubts about your ability to get the finish you desire, step back and hire a stone pro to do it for you, it will be money well spent and a heck of a lot cheaper than repairing damage you made worse.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.