Moving a kitchen sink to a different side of kitchen wall

Ask your kitchen related question here
raphman

Moving a kitchen sink to a different side of kitchen wall

Post by raphman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:30 am

Hello Shannon,

I am planning on a big DIY kitchen renovation. If you can see the attachment, this is my design that I came up with. The original locations of the sink and oven areas, are swapped and the sink was in a middle of a peninsula but in that area where the oven is in the design photo. The biggest reason I want to swap the locations because I want to have the range vent from the microwave to go straight outside of the house and I think this is the best location for that. The drain is between where I want the new oven location and the 3 drawer lower cabinet, so how can I connection the new kitchen sink drain to the drain location? It is about 9/10 wall linear feet away, could loop it around the corner cabinet?

Thanks again for the help.
Attachments
kitchen.jpg
kitchen.jpg (310.4 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Shannon

Re: Moving a kitchen sink to a different side of kitchen wall

Post by Shannon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:12 am

Do you have access from below?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

raphman

Post by raphman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 pm

It is concrete slab, but at the moment I have changed my mind and will just use the existing plumbing locations for both water/drain and gas. I do have to saw a trench for conduit to the island, I've been looking to see if you had a video on it, but I haven't found anything about getting a conduit through slab to a kitchen island.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 am

No I do not have a video fro that.
Since you have no access from below the easiest thing would be to route the gas line and plumbing lines through the cabinets to the new locations
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon