Another question about flooring...

Ask your kitchen related question here
IrishRob

Another question about flooring...

Post by IrishRob » Sun May 19, 2019 10:17 am

You already answered my previous question about my old vinyl flooring. But after some research and thought, I think I might go with the laminate click and lock flooring. So my question is...instead of ripping up the old vinyl tile flooring, can I just put down some underlayment over the existing floor and then the laminate flooring? Thanks in advance.

Shannon

Re: Another question about flooring...

Post by Shannon » Mon May 20, 2019 9:37 am

IMO yes you can. It does cause a height difference at any door ways from one room to the next but it can be done.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

IrishRob

Post by IrishRob » Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 am

I have a wooden saddle between the kitchen and the hallway. The laminate boards aren't that thick so I do not imagine it being too much of a difference. I assume I would have to pick the old saddle up and then re-install it once the floor is down. Hopefully it will not be too much. Also, I was planning on doing the whole floor over and then installing the new cabinets. I heard that it might be better to install the cabinets first and then lay the floor around everything. Any thoughts or opinions about this? Thanks for the quick replies. You are a big help.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 pm

If it’s a floating type floor then for sure do cabinets first. I try to do cabinets firsts always but not everyone agrees with me.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon