thermoelectric coolers

Ask your kitchen related question here
Miesisice

thermoelectric coolers

Post by Miesisice » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:11 am

g'day everyone,
i have a waeco ccf40 fridge freezer that needs some repairs. while i was at the shop ordering some parts to repair it, i was looking at a thermoelectric cooler about the same size as the ccf40 and claims to cool 30 degs. below ambient. most of my camping trips are only 2 or 3 nights and was thinking weather the cooler would suit my needs?
i only need to keep things cold, no real need to keep things frozen as my trips are never more then a week. just weekend get aways.
so can anyone tell me if they are any good and what they are like on power consuption compaired to a fridge/freezer?
thanks for any info, shappy

Shannon

Re: thermoelectric coolers

Post by Shannon » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 am

no idea sorry
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: thermoelectric coolers

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 am

I am unfamiliar with them as well. If this is a plug into your car's cigarette lighter kind of thing, then it is NOT what you're looking for, unless you like being stranded out in the wilderness with a dead battery, as this type will kill your battery within 8 to 10 hours. Coolers of this type are meant for road trips where the car is constantly charging the battery.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.