How do I secure countertops to cabinets

Ask your kitchen related question here
rcoleyjr

How do I secure countertops to cabinets

Post by rcoleyjr » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:10 pm

How do u secure ur particle board counter tops to the cabinets? Just glue or glue and nails.

Shannon

Re: How do I secure countertops to cabinets

Post by Shannon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 pm

These would be secured to the cabinets with screws. Depending on the cabinet you may either have wood cleats along the top of the cabinets that you can screw through and into the bottom of the counters or you may have to add cleats or metal "L" brackets to the cabinets to do the same. What ever you do be sure your screws are not to long so they do not go right through and come out the finished top of the counter top.
here is my video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtpgRyLCDug
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:56 pm

Yup, preferably screws, though you can also use dobs of caulk on the cleats. Don't use glue or adhesives.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

hellengeek

Post by hellengeek » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:29 am

To secure your new laminate countertop, drill through the build-up strips or add angle brackets inside your cabinets. Set them just below the top of the strips. Position the countertop, starting with the longest piece. Apply the recommended adhesive at the miter and snug up the miter bolts.