Mobile Home

Ask your kitchen related question here
Skye1955

Mobile Home

Post by Skye1955 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 pm

I'm 64 and trying to fix many problems such as replacing rotted kitchen cabinets, changing sink & faucet from 3 holes to single an rotted/wet floor in laundry room and bathroom shower arm is split needs replaced and ect. My question is do you have video repairs for mobile homes? Also I want to build a porch, I only have steps

A. Spruce

Re: Mobile Home

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 pm

While trailers are unique, the methods and products used in their maintenance and repair are similar. The first thing you'll find is that EVERYTHING is made to trailer specification, which means they are cheaply made, unique in size and shape, and expensive to replace because you have to go to a mobile home supply house. My recommendation would be to take this time to upgrade things to standard building products available at any big box.

First I would make a list of everything that needs to be done, then organize it in order of importance. For instance, you want to make sure your exterior "shell" is weather tight before you start interior work. You also would deal with any structural issues (the stuff you don't see) before you do any finish work (the stuff you see).

Then order your list in the order that each item should be done, for instance, you're going to replace the rotted floor before you replace rotted cabinets because the cabinets could very well need to come out to do the floor. When you replace the cabinets, do you need to add or modify electrical or plumbing? Do you need to add an ice maker line or DW hook-ups? These things would also be done before the cabinets go back in.

If you are unsure of what order to do the work in, post your complete list of projects here and we'll help you organize it. We can also help you with more specific questions on each of those projects as you're doing them.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.