Damaged Floors

Ask your bathroom related questions here
HomeDIYster

Damaged Floors

Post by HomeDIYster » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 am

Hi,

I have found the videos that you post fantastic. I would love to know if there is a video on how to repair a water damaged floor. I have a leaking shower that has rotted away the floor boards. Under the laminate flooring on the other side of the bathroom wall is my dining room and there is no floor under the laminate flooring. It sinks in on that spot closest to the bathroom wall. Considering the crawl space is practically impossible to crawl into, I would have to go in from the top and remove the laminate flooring and whatever else. I have never worked on floors before and going to tackle this job myself. If you have any pointers what to look out for would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Shannon

Re: Damaged Floors

Post by Shannon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I do have a video on how to remove the laminate flooring, so that may be helpful to start. Once you have the flooring out of the way you will be able to determine how much sub floor and plywood you need to remove. By using a circular saw with the blade set 1/16" deeper than you need you can make most of your cuts and remove the old floor. Make straight square cuts and if possible have your joints meet on joists. Cut your new pieces and nail or screw them with a fastener about every 6' at joints and 8-10" in other areas along joists. Hope this helped you.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

HomeDIYster

Re: Damaged Floors

Post by HomeDIYster » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:31 am

Thank you very much! You have certainly helped me with this information. I appreciate your quick response and again thanks for all the videos. Keep them coming.