curbless / barrier free shower

Ask your bathroom related questions here
Mat

curbless / barrier free shower

Post by Mat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi,

I should start by saying that thanks to your videos, I was able to finish my basement last year. They are very informative and thorough and allowed a skilled do it yourself'er like me to do it myself instead of contacting out half the work!

The next project I want to tackle is a bathroom renovation. I have seen many beautiful curbless shower installations online and would like to attempt such a project. I would like to design this using a standard center drain instead of those expensive linear drains too. My understanding is that you are in Canada so I was wondering if you could give me some details on how to go about building a curbless shower to meet the code. Are there special or different regulations then for a curbed shower? What do I need to know before I start?

Thanks and I hope this thread can help others like me who would like build such a shower.

Mat

Shannon

Re: curbless / barrier free shower

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm

I am sorry but I have no experience with curbless showers. But the most important thing is to be sure it is water tight and sloped to the drain enough or you will have a crazy mess. I would also be sure the floor area is big enough so that when sloping the floor it does not need to be to steep that it could become a slipping hazard. Choose your tiles wisely as well some are slipperier than others.
Good luck.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Ktowngrl

Re: curbless / barrier free shower

Post by Ktowngrl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 am

I too will be attempting to build a walkin shower. I'll be interested in how your project goes Mat. Will be checking any updates that would be helpful.

Ktowngrl