Leaking connection between wall bracket and shower hose

Ask your bathroom related questions here
RPD

Leaking connection between wall bracket and shower hose

Post by RPD » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:08 pm

My client has Graff shower fixtures, but it looks like the actual shower head and hose were replaced at some point with California Faucets. The connection between the hose and the Graff wall bracket has 6 little holes in the bottom (above the plumber's tape), which remain exposed and from which water is always shooting, even when the hose is screwed on tight, leaking lots of water. I can't see how the part marked CM comes off, but am trying to figure out if there is some better way to attach the hose so it doesn't lose so much water.
Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_5197.jpg
IMG_5197.jpg (32.07 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Shannon

Re: Leaking connection between wall bracket and shower hose

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Not sure why there would be holes??
I can’t tell from that picture if that part comes off for sure but I doubt it. I would think that the entire part you see unscrews from the fitting in the wall.
Maybe you could contact Graff for some assistance
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Leaking connection between wall bracket and shower hose

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Odds are the Graff fixture is incompatible with the replacement hose, and most likely incompatible with anything other than Graff specific parts. This is the biggest reason that I recommend that my clients stay away from boutique plumberies and big box sale bins, the foreign stuff just isn't supported when it comes time for repairs or replacement. And, even if you can find the parts, they're usually so expensive that nobody is willing to buy them, hence why you're dealing with a different hose and head on the faucet.

First thing I'd do is try to find a local shop that carries Graff products and see if they can get the parts you need for a proper repair. Then I'd go on an internet search for the parts and see what that turns up. Take this info to the client, let them decide if repair or replacement is the way to go.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.