installing wall supply elbow

Ask your bathroom related questions here
mcgsxr

installing wall supply elbow

Post by mcgsxr » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 pm

We had planned on installing a standard shower head in our basement bathroom, so when having the plumber rough it all in during construction, we had a typical fitting installed up high for the shower arm.

Now she wants to use a wall supply elbow and shower bar type hand held shower thing.

Problem is that the standard fitting is 3 inches inside the wall (where a standard supply arm would have reached no problem) and the wall supply fitting is flush to the tile.

How do I get a short, appropriate supply from inside the wall at that fitting, to the wall mount elbow?

Pic of the thing here - http://www.build.ca/index.php/catalog/p ... 7AodJHIAKg

Shannon

Re: installing wall supply elbow

Post by Shannon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I believe you will have to compromise , use the normal shower head curved arm and attach the hand held shower hose to that.
If you really want to use the wall supply elbow you may be able to use a threaded nipple that is the right length to connect the fitting back in the wall to the wall supply elbow.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

mcgsxr

Re: installing wall supply elbow

Post by mcgsxr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks Shannon.

The plumber I used to move the rough in before building the basement has offered to come out and have a look.

He is confident that he can work up a short pipe with correct threading to get it running right.

It won't cost me too much, and my wife will love the final look of it.

All the best!