Self leveling floor

Ask your bathroom related questions here
Jmaclicious

Self leveling floor

Post by Jmaclicious » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Okay so I am doing my bathroom, I want to make the shower pan area perfectly level, however the rest of the floor is relatively “flat” but just unlevel because of drainage in my basement. Would it be okay to self level the shower pan area perfectly level, let dry and then pour self leveler over the rest of the bathroom to fill in the valleys/dips ?

I originally had planned to level the whole floor but then it would require building the whole floor up towards the rec room an inch and a bit. Which on top of ditra and tile I feel would be too much so I’m thinking about doing the above. This should be okay yeah?

Shannon

Re: Self leveling floor

Post by Shannon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:37 pm

It may work depending on the dips and valleys. What type of floor covering will you use?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Jmaclicious

Post by Jmaclicious » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Shannon wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:37 pm
It may work depending on the dips and valleys. What type of floor covering will you use?
Haven't figured out what tile im going with yet, but for the membrane I will be going with Schluter Ditra Heat DUO. :mrgreen:

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 am

Ya fill your low spots and go with it.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon