Toilet Drain Stub

Ask your bathroom related questions here
sgwilliams

Toilet Drain Stub

Post by sgwilliams » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:56 pm

I have a newly poured concrete floor in a slab foundation house, there is a 4" schedule 40 PVC pipe sticking out of the floor about 12 inches or so. I need to cut off the stub and install the closet flange that I bought. It is the one that fits into the ID of the stub. It is a Sioux Cheif 884-PTM (http://www.amazon.com/Sioux-Chief-884-P ... B000JUYOG2). I need to know how much of the stub needs to be sticking up when I cut it off for the toilet install. We are eventually going to install a tile floor but not for a year or so so I need to know if I should leave a 1/4" to 1/2" inch more stick out for the future tile. Or do I need to just cut off the stub flush to the floor? Never did this before any advice would be greatly helpful. I would really hate to have to cut the floor out again and replace the pipe because I cut it to short.

Also Do I use the purple primer and cement to install this or just push it in the hole and use [6] 1/4" Tapcon Screws to mount the stainless flange to the floor. The wax ring kit I bought is a Solder Seal Gunk G241KIT (http://www.rscbrands.com/products/produ ... KIT_32.jpg)

Shannon

Re: Toilet Drain Stub

Post by Shannon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Cut the pipe off flush will be fine unless you plan on putting electric heat mat under tile as well then you may want to leave it up about 1/4".
Sounds like you want to install this toilet and use it for the time being until the tile gets installed? If so than cut the pipe stub flush and use purple glue to glue the flange to the pipe. If the flange toilet bolt ring is one that is not rotatable after glueing then be sure to orientate it accordingly for the bolt hole position on your toilet.
If you go to my video link on the website you can watch a video of me installing a shower stall, in that video I use a cutting disk to cut a 2" ABS pipe off to height coming out of a concrete floor. This maybe helpful. Good luck
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

saigoncook

Post by saigoncook » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi, I find you are very good and competent in teaching. That is why I chose to register your site. Please help.
Can you please show me how to rough in the drain for a new washer in the basement? I intend to tap in our current drain pipe, which is under the floor and very tall from the basement floor(the height of the basement is about 7ft). I understand that the drain pipe need to be slopped to the main drain stack. How can I do that?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 am

Welcome to the forum, because you are starting a new post about "washer drain installation " please start it in here in the plumbing section by clicking the "new topic" tab. That way people with similar questions can easily find it, thank you. When you do this please include some more info for me , is the new washer location in the basement and the existing drain pipe is it actually going to be 7' off the basement floor? thanks , once you do this I will be able to try and help you.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon