Toilet Rough In dimensions

Ask your bathroom related questions here
Kfry

Toilet Rough In dimensions

Post by Kfry » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 pm

I live in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada and was wondering if anyone knew of the plumbing code for the spacing from center of toilet drain to wall on the side and on the back .And if there is a min or max to these dimensions

Thank you so much again guys much appreciated

Shannon

Re: Toilet Rough In dimensions

Post by Shannon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:03 pm

So the most common toilets for as far as the back wall is 12" and 10" from the wall surface to centre of flange. I would say here 12" is most common by far.

As far as the sides go usually no less then 15" is what I like but you can get away with 12" if your toilet will fit (most new ones will). Thats pretty tight though. As far as code I could not really see anything dealing with residential side spacings in my building code book but there may be.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Kfry

Post by Kfry » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:18 pm

My wall on the side right now is 15.5 and that s without drywall so with the half inch drywall that will bring g it to the 15 inch mark and I was hoping you would say 12 and 15 .thank you very much and I guess the shower to the vanity it doesn't need a certain distance does it .I have about 12 inch between them hope that's enough

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am

Ya those are fine.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon