Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Ask your bathroom related questions here
noprobbob

Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Post by noprobbob » Sat May 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Friends,

I have a curbless shower that is leaking. Upon investigation, it appears the water is rising up over the lip created by the shower pan (under the tile) and seeping out under the baseboards. The shower's drain seems to be functioning correctly (IE, it is not backing up). I believe this was an installation issue, but it is too late to go back to the contractor. I am wondering what my options are? Specifically, is there any easier option other than pulling out the tile and redoing the pan? I was wondering if I could remove the tile right outside the glass door, and make a curb to contain the water? Any help would be very appreciated.

Shannon

Re: Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Post by Shannon » Sun May 26, 2019 7:00 am

Hmm seems either the drain area is not sealed and water is getting into the mortar ridges ( i would think this is kinda unlikely ) or the water is getting through the grout near the door? You are sure its coming from under the tiles and not just a poor job of sloping the pan?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Post by A. Spruce » Sun May 26, 2019 10:23 am

Because it's curbless, what does the door bottom seal against? It would seem more likely that the door itself is the culprit.

How is the leak presenting itself, topical water on the tile, visible leak or water stains from below, ???
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.