Half Bath in basement

Ask your bathroom related questions here
pavlito24

Half Bath in basement

Post by pavlito24 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:08 pm

I' m layout my half bath in the basement. But before star framing the bathroom. I have a couple of question. I'm in Canada

1. What are the minimum size for a half bath ?
2. Should I put a fan in it? I live in a townhouse
3. In the picture you can see the distance between the wall and the toilet drain. How can I put the toilet?

thanks to every body for help me!!

Shannon

Re: Half Bath in basement

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:04 am

Welcome!
There is really no standard size for the 1/2 bath ,it really should come down to how much space can you afford to allow for it & how much space is needed to comfortably establish the lay out you need for the fixtures you have picked.
Every bathroom not hooked to a whole house air to air exchanger, needs to have a bath exhaust fan, and needs to ducted to the exterior of the home.
I do not know of any toilet that you can actually install with that little bit of space , most require either 10 " or 12" of room from the face or the wood framing to the middle of the pipe. Check with your local plumbing supply store or contractor to see what your options may be to order in a toilet that may work for what you have there. You may have to actually open the floor up a little and move that pipe further away if possible.
Let us know what you find out.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

pavlito24

Post by pavlito24 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:40 am

What do you think about this product? http://www.homedepot.ca/product/abs-4x3 ... hub/967384
Can I use the ABS 4X3 Adjustable Offset Closet Flange Hub to move the drain 2 inches forward the wall?
Thanks!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 pm

That still would not give you enough. You need more like 6 to 8 inches of offset.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon