Stippled bathroom ceiling separating

Ask your bathroom related questions here
JoeHall

Stippled bathroom ceiling separating

Post by JoeHall » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 pm

I have a very small bathroom stippled ceiling that is separating from the old drywall. So removing it would not be difficult. My only question is once I get the old stippling off will I have to do very much to the drywall? The drywall that is exposed now in places where it is broke off looks weird to me.. It’s like dark looking. The stippling is like around .125” thick. Once I get that off should I be able to just sand it a bit and paint it? My house was built in 1964. I’ve lived here for 3 years an we have to clean mold off the bathroom ceiling I’m assuming from someone painting over it...

Shannon

Re: Stippled bathroom ceiling separating

Post by Shannon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:20 pm

if you want to simply paint the ceiling after then you will likely have to do a little mudding and sanding to make it smooth enough to look good painted. You will have a better idea once it is stripped.
The dark areas could be mould ? Once you get it exposed maybe post a picture for us.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon