Replacing tile shower floor with shower tray

Ask your bathroom related questions here
Friedfrog

Replacing tile shower floor with shower tray

Post by Friedfrog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 am

How difficult is it to replace tile shower floor with pre fab shower tray? Existing shower has plastic/arcylic shower wall and tile floor base. We would like to installl tile on the wall and pre fab shower tray with framless shower enclosure. Bathroom is on second floor.

Shannon

Re: Replacing tile shower floor with shower tray

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 am

Strip out all the old stuff and then then you can reroute the plumbing to line up with new location in new shower pan. Really not too tough. Only thing may be that pans are available in certain sizes off the store shelves so you need to have one that fits or you can at least make the space fit it.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Friedfrog

Post by Friedfrog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 am

Thanks Shannon for quick reply. Is there a video you can point me to for doing this work? I am almost done demolition work. Once I finish completely, will post some pictures. I am also lanning to cut out part the subfloor to expose existing plumbing.

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 am

Changing a pan is pretty easy stuff, with any luck you won't even have to move the drain.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Friedfrog

Post by Friedfrog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:32 am

A. Spruce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 am
Changing a pan is pretty easy stuff, with any luck you won't even have to move the drain.
Thanks Spruce.