Tele Post Adjusting

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
oxide

Tele Post Adjusting

Post by oxide » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:49 am

so i've had tele posts in the basement for 2 years + now since my old wood ones were somewhat rotted if not completely. this fall i have noticed some movement in the floors though.

just wondering what is the best way to adjust heights? put levels upstairs (basement floor is not even anywhere)?

Shannon

Re: Tele Post Adjusting

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:14 pm

The best thing is to place a string line along the bottom edge of your basement beam and slowly over time adjust your posts to get your beam straight . This could be an ongoing thing though if your new teleposts are just sitting on the concrete floor. The floor could be moving with frost movement and causing your posts ,beam and main floor to move.The posts should be sitting on solid concrete footings below the floor.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

oxide

Post by oxide » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 pm

weird i did put up string when i first did it then got rid of it. all the footings are on the piles to. thanks again

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Shannon, adjusting a telepost might make a good video topic... ;-)

oxide

Post by oxide » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:06 pm

indeed :D
Admin wrote:Shannon, adjusting a telepost might make a good video topic... ;-)

oxide

Post by oxide » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:59 pm

thanks for the string method, looks like i'll be doing some 1/4 turns once a week for awhile