Laundry Machine Placement

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
oxide

Laundry Machine Placement

Post by oxide » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

just curious about the spacing/venting room laundry machines should have for electrical and hoses between the rear wall/framing.

i just have a mock up right now, my furnace is behind it but i do have another 4" or so ( i would like to leave some room in case i need to get my arm in there to unplug or remove the dryer hose and whatnot to...

and also a decorative question...
how much room should there be between the laundry machines and the countertop?
again just a mock up with a 2X4 under a wood plank at 38 from the floor.

Shannon

Re: Laundry Machine Placement

Post by Shannon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:28 pm

The rear space kind of depends on the set up you have. If all of your plumbing, electrical and venting is in the wall cavity and the vent opening lines up nice with the dryer vent then not much is needed. Maybe about 4"-6" , just enough to have a short piece of dryer pipe in there. As for clearance under counter you really only need about an inch for some wiggle room.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

engr

Post by engr » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 pm

I just finished my laundry 2 mths ago. I left about 3/4 in above the laundry, 1" on each side and about 4 " in the rear.. but i recessed my dryer hose into my walls so you will have to lesve enough space fit the 4" dryer hose.

your laundry machine looks to he older front load so keep in mind if they fail will you be able to find one that fits into the same space. I know the older machines are smaller than they are now.. so you should consider the future of the space.

Heres a pic of my countertop.. excuse the mess.. I was jujust finishing the tile on the wall.
Attachments
2015-02-26 23.23.41.jpg
2015-02-26 23.23.41.jpg (182.09 KiB) Viewed 290 times

oxide

Post by oxide » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:07 am

thanks for the help and hints Shannon & engr