Problems with Wafer screw coming loose in steel stud

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Jmaclicious

Problems with Wafer screw coming loose in steel stud

Post by Jmaclicious » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Trying to adjust my bulkheads, 1 5/8 steel stud along with L Angles, and track to do the framing, however I am having issues with some of the wafer screws staying snug now, some are coming loose? I got a huge box of them from when i ordered the framing.

Shannon

Re: Problems with Wafer screw coming loose in steel stud

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I have a feeling you have over tightened them. You need to be careful when snugging them up or they will strip and loosen off. Pull them out and drive in again next to the location they were in.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 pm

I agree, over tightened or redone too many times which has worn out the hole.
Shannon wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm
Pull them out and drive in again next to the location they were in.
Or leave them in and drive another next to it. If you pull the first one the bulkhead can move out of position, so just add another fastener. If you can't have two fasteners in the same place at the same time, then put a temp support under the bulkhead while you swap out the screws.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 am

If the studs were light weight like 25 guage and self drilling screws were used the screws will strip out not enough metal left for the threads to grab.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 am

Clarence wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 am
If the studs were light weight like 25 guage and self drilling screws were used the screws will strip out not enough metal left for the threads to grab.
Ya good point if they sold you self drillers then that could be the issue as well.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon