Insulating dresser built into attic wall

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
doirondon

Insulating dresser built into attic wall

Post by doirondon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

Wondering how I should properly insulate the back of this dresser that's built into my attic/crawl space.
Attached is an image of how things currently are and the insulating options I'm evaluating.

Thanks,
Don
Attachments
INSULATING DRESSER-Big.png
INSULATING DRESSER-Big.png (49 KiB) Viewed 201 times

A. Spruce

Re: Insulating dresser built into attic wall

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Any of those options would do the trick. I don't have to deal with vapor barriers, so Shannon will have to chime in on that one.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Re: Insulating dresser built into attic wall

Post by Shannon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Any of those will work but the vapour barrier must be on the warm side of the insulation, in all examl s you have it on the cold side. I assume the dresser is already built in and not being removed to do this insulation. So with that in mind most places will allow 2”rigid foam that is well sealed to be used as a vapour barrier. So you could install that against the dresser, seal all edges with canned sprayfoam and the install your batt insulation outside of that.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon