Soundproofing a party wall

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
markbuild

Soundproofing a party wall

Post by markbuild » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:39 am

I have noisy neighbours, so I am trying to soundproof a party wall and have found several sites offering advice. Seems the one thing you need to use is a resilient layer. I have been looking at Genie Clips and resilient bars. Does anyone know which is best? The other option seems to be stick on panels. Any comments/advice appreciated. Thanks

manthano

Re: Soundproofing a party wall

Post by manthano » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 pm

move out
use osb - cover completely
get good wireless head phones

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Insulating that wall with a product like Roxul safe & sound, using a sound deadening putty over all wall penetrations and two layers of 5/8 drywall will make a great difference. You can add clips or bars if you wish as well. Either one will help but none will be completely silent IMO.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Soundproofing is a tough row to hoe! Voices and other light "reflective" sounds can be handled by surface acoustic panels. Impact noises, such as sub-woofers, require mass (double layer of sheetrock) and disconnection (clips, hat track, bars, etc.), which stops the ability for noise to travel from one surface to another.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.