Selecting Laminates

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
adamsmith

Selecting Laminates

Post by adamsmith » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:53 am

Does it look odd if I select different colour laminates for the different sections of the house?
:)

Shannon

Re: Selecting Laminates

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:29 am

IMO no, I don't think so.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am

adamsmith wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:53 am
Does it look odd if I select different colour laminates for the different sections of the house?
:)
Depends, will the flooring be interconnected and visible from one point in the house? Having a kaleidoscope of colors won't look good, having one or two, strategically placed, no problem.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Oh I was thinking you ment countertop laminates but I see now you mean flooring.
Yes I agree it may work in some instances but placing different ones side by side or in visible areas near each other may not look great
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 pm

There's also the problem of different brands, grades, and styles not being the same dimension or lock-together method, so transitions from one to another would be more difficult.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.