How to deal with a small water problem in our basement

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Tom729

How to deal with a small water problem in our basement

Post by Tom729 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am

Hi. I had taken a picture but for some reason I can't attach it because the error message is saying "the file is too large."

We have a finished basement and we have been having a problem with water coming into the basement because in an isolated area because of a suspected crack in the foundation. The section where water is coming in about 5-5 1/2 feet below ground. I lifted up the carpet and I can see water very slowly seeping into the basement whenever we have severe rain or even snow.

I am afraid that this would be extremely costly to correct because a six foot trench would have to be dug on the outside of the basement just to get to where the crack is. Can anyone recommend something that I could do to minimize the damage from the inside of the basement?

Thanks

Clarence

Re: How to deal with a small water problem in our basement

Post by Clarence » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:37 am

Check out this product Hydra Block Sealer.
Look up Applied Technologies Inc. they will have everything for a DIY type repair.

Shannon

Re: How to deal with a small water problem in our basement

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 am

Also possibly installing a sump pit and pump may reduce the water pressure and ground water level after rains before it starts coming in through crack. But the best repair is to excavate and repair the basement from outside in most cases
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon