carpet to tile transition

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
greg1

carpet to tile transition

Post by greg1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am

I'm just wondering which transition do i need to install between tile and carpeted stairs?
There are a few products I saw in the store, but they seemed kinda bulky and I wanted to do less noticeable. What would you do? I appreciate if you can send the link or pic with suggestion.

Thank you!
Attachments
carpet.jpg
carpet.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 71 times

Shannon

Re: carpet to tile transition

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 am

At this point I don't think you have to many options. A glue on rubber tread nose is about all you can do.
If the tile was going down new then there are metal nosing that slip under the tile and protect the front edge of the tile and give an area to tuck the carpet behind.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

greg1

Post by greg1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 am

what if i remove some of the concrete from under the front of the tile? Can i than slide that metal nosing you talking about? Or is it not possible that way

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Yeah s if you can get it out. You will have to be sure that you fill that void back up with mortar when you slide that new nosing in so that the tiles don’t break or crack over time. I’ll look for a link for the edging
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:56 pm

This is what I had in mind .https://www.lowes.ca/tile-accessories/s ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not sure if it will work entirely as it loolks like your carpet protrudes from the face of the tile edge

greg1

Post by greg1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks Shannon! That would look good if I can make it work.
45.99! yikes