Casing a pocket window replacement

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
jstrez77

Casing a pocket window replacement

Post by jstrez77 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 am

I was looking for a video on your channel for a pocket replacement. So, my new window sits in the existing window frame. I'm not sure on where to put the casing. There's the old window frame, the new replacement window jamb and a little space between them. Am I supposed to add the casing to the old frame, or do I add a stop in the space between the new window and old frame and add the casing to this stop? I want the casing to be white so if I added to old frame, I'd have to paint the frame white
ymuZG.png
ymuZG.png (159.56 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Shannon

Re: Casing a pocket window replacement

Post by Shannon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:30 pm

I personally would cut some pine or stop material and install it against the old jam so it covers the gap beside new window and then case over to it. but any or the methods you described will work.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

jstrez77

Post by jstrez77 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks, others have said to add a stop or little strip of wood. It will be a very small piece I'd have to cut. Does this offer any benefit or it's mostly just aesthetic, right?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Aesthetics. You can forget the strip of wood and just caulk the space if you want .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon