Taping and Mudding

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
hhiggins

Taping and Mudding

Post by hhiggins » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:17 am

First of all thank you for your helpful videos. I have watched the taping and mudding videos and will attemp to tape and mud in my basement. One thing I wasn’t sure of is there a preferred or recommended order of operations? For example, should you start with the ceiling first or start with inside corners before the beveled edges?

Thanks in advance!

A. Spruce

Re: Taping and Mudding

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:06 am

Being a novice, I'd recommend starting with the easy stuff first, which is filling fastener holes and taping flat joints. As you become familiar with the tools and techniques, then progress to corner taping and ceilings.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:25 pm

I generally tape butts first ,bevels second and then all inside corners and finally OS corners. My filling order changes depending on the situation but usually I fill one side of all inside corners. While that dries I coat all butts and outside corners . Then other side of inside corners and butts again and outside corners again. At that point insides should be done and all verticals are getting close . I try to get my OS corners done and start working on bevels. Basically I am always trying to have something to work on with out messing with wet locations.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

hhiggins

Post by hhiggins » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm

thanks guys!

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 pm

When you watch the videos, pay attention to how the knife is being held, in the fingertips, not a gorilla grip. This gives you dexterity with the tool. Yes, there are times a gorilla grip is necessary, but for the finer points of taping, use the fingertips.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.