how to replace my basement window

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
Rodriguezdavid203

how to replace my basement window

Post by Rodriguezdavid203 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:48 am

Can anyone give me some tips of how to tackle this job please? I'm a total novice.

I tried using the search option in the forum but it said my keywords were to common to do a search and the YouTube videos that I can find are not very helpful.

The size of my basement windows are 32x13. I saw a window assembly at the homedepot with a vinyl frame. Now do I remove the old window, place the new one in the whole and fill around it with mortar mix? Or do I have to build a frame out of PT wood to place it in the window opening? Thank you

Shannon

Re: how to replace my basement window

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 pm

leave the rough buck in place unless it is rotted. The outer dimension of the exterior frame of the new window can only be as big as the smallest dimension of the outside mortar / concrete around the outside of rough buck. So what I mean by that is the outside of brick mould or nail fin depending what kind of window you have.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon