tricky basement framing

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
dadikong

tricky basement framing

Post by dadikong » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm

1.Using many of your videos to finish basement. However my oversight included rounding the corner and having forgotten to notice the septic drains, mini split white air intake pipes under joists and electrical work. I need to frame the wall perpendicular to the drain pipes and electric, can't go just beyond as there is crawl space opening forcing me to involve the drain pipes. I framed parallel and just in front of them against the wall after foam boarding. This has me stuck however. Thank you for any suggestions.

2. single photo with TV, I did full frame wall on side, not sure if I can just drywall other side (where tv is) or if I need to frame another wall.

Thank you so very much, could not have made so much progress without your instructional videos.
Attachments
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG (64.33 KiB) Viewed 114 times
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG (53.07 KiB) Viewed 114 times
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG (73.7 KiB) Viewed 114 times
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG (77.98 KiB) Viewed 114 times

Shannon

Re: tricky basement framing

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 am

So I think you are asking how to frame around all that stuff at the ceiling when you frame this perpendicular wall? If the wall will not follow a floor joist then add blocking in between the floor joists in the bay where the wall wall mount. Place them about every 4'. Layout the framing locations on the top and bottom plates for normal 16" or 24" O.C framing. In locations where those studs will hit a obstacle or where the top plate will not be able to run simply run a horizontal member lower under the obstacle between regular studs and cut a shorter stud or studs to fit below it.

So that TV wall can be drywalled and also the bottom and face of beam can be drywalled. BTW that stud with the notched in wire needs a metal protector plate on it to protect the wire because the notch is less then 1-1/4" from surface.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

dadikong

Re: tricky basement framing

Post by dadikong » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Thank you shannon! Appreciate the help