Vapor Barrier -

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
vmlopez

Vapor Barrier -

Post by vmlopez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:51 pm

all,
I'm ready to install a vapor barrier over my framing that I just completed (all electrical is done) along with installing Rockwool batt insulation.

In reviewing your video on installing a vapor barrier , I didn't noticed the products used. If you could, can you list the products you used and the type of sealant used or product names.
I live in Massachusetts and have a lowes and homedepot close by along with some independent stores like botello's lumber. If you have a link where I could buy the products would be great..

thanks again guys for all of your help with my basement project.

Shannon

Re: Vapor Barrier -

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:36 pm

I could give you links but you should easily be able to find these products in your local stores.
You need a few tubes of acoustical sealant (black caulking type sealant seen in video.
You need the plastic poly sheeting that is approved for a air/vapour barrier in your area.
You will also need a vapour barrier tape to seal some joints.
The only real tools you need are a sharp utility knife and a stapler with about 3/8" wide crown staples.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

vmlopez

Post by vmlopez » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi,
I don't have any issues finding the right type of vapor barrier. Found a few brands at Lowes and at Home Depot. What I'm having a problem is finding the right acoustical sealant described in your video.
If you can let me know what brand you used it would be helpful.

Thanks again

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Lepages , Tremco, Mono all are common brands and should be easily found in a big box or local lumber supply store usually with the caulking supplies.

This link is a large tube and requires a large caulking gun but you should be able to find it in a smaller sized tube as well. Those would be 250 Ml or around 8 oz I believe.
https://www.amazon.com/Tremco-Acoustica ... al+sealant
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

vmlopez

Post by vmlopez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:48 am

thanks