Page 1 of 1

Vapor Barrier -

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:51 pm
by vmlopez
I'm ready to install a vapor barrier over my framing that I just completed (all electrical is done) along with installing Rockwool batt insulation.

In reviewing your video on installing a vapor barrier , I didn't noticed the products used. If you could, can you list the products you used and the type of sealant used or product names.
I live in Massachusetts and have a lowes and homedepot close by along with some independent stores like botello's lumber. If you have a link where I could buy the products would be great..

thanks again guys for all of your help with my basement project.

Re: Vapor Barrier -

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:36 pm
by Shannon
I could give you links but you should easily be able to find these products in your local stores.
You need a few tubes of acoustical sealant (black caulking type sealant seen in video.
You need the plastic poly sheeting that is approved for a air/vapour barrier in your area.
You will also need a vapour barrier tape to seal some joints.
The only real tools you need are a sharp utility knife and a stapler with about 3/8" wide crown staples.

Re: Vapor Barrier -

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm
by vmlopez
I don't have any issues finding the right type of vapor barrier. Found a few brands at Lowes and at Home Depot. What I'm having a problem is finding the right acoustical sealant described in your video.
If you can let me know what brand you used it would be helpful.

Thanks again

Re: Vapor Barrier -

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm
by Shannon
Lepages , Tremco, Mono all are common brands and should be easily found in a big box or local lumber supply store usually with the caulking supplies.

This link is a large tube and requires a large caulking gun but you should be able to find it in a smaller sized tube as well. Those would be 250 Ml or around 8 oz I believe. ... al+sealant

Re: Vapor Barrier -

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:48 am
by vmlopez